“CDFAs can provide invaluable information that allows the court to arrive at a fair, equitable, and just resolution—not just at the moment of trial, but down the road as well.”
—Honorable Kathleen M. McCarthy, JD Family Court Division Judge, MI
How Can a CDFA™ Professional Help a Family Law Lawyer?
CDFA™ professionals help attorneys and their divorcing clients address the special financial issues of divorce with data that can help achieve equitable settlements.
A CDFA™ Pro is Trained To:
- • Produce powerful case exhibits in the form of spreadsheets and graphs
- • Give lawyers professional support to make sure they’ve covered all the financial “bases”
- • Serve as a financial expert on divorce cases
- • Analyze the financial implications of different divorce settlement proposals
- • Provide litigation support to divorce lawyers
- • Make sure the client understands the short-term and long-term financial impact of different settlement proposals
A CDFA™ Professional Can Help the Client Understand:
- • Separate vs. Marital property
- • Valuing and dividing property
- • Debt, credit, and bankruptcy
- • Retirement and pensions
- • Spousal and child support
- • Options for the Matrimonial Home
- • Tax problems and solutions
Want To Take Your Divorce Practice to The Next Level?
Work with A New Path Financial Divorce Planning. We Deliver in Two Ways:
• Hourly Consulting: We will assist you with any financial questions you have on an hourly basis, we can also serve as expert witnesses.
• Project Based Consulting: We create a computerized report for your client that you can add to your divorce offering. This report details asset division, alimony tax ramifications, Child Support, a living budget, future financial projections for both parties and much more.
The report can be changed to reflect any “what-if” scenarios your client might as about—“What if we decreased alimony and I got the 401K?” or “What if I sold the house and downsized?” And much, much more!
A sample of visual data from the Income Summary Report made with the Family Law Planning Software.
Need more clients? We are always looking for attorneys to refer our clients to.
Call our office today at (734) 330-2266 to schedule a coffee or lunch meeting to fully understand how we can work together.
- Nadine Burns MBA, CDFA™
- Office: (734) 330-2266
- 3003 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 4
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104